stumbled

Dr.5z5 Open Feed Directory

Thursday, January 13, 2011

the limp handshake

i honestly don't fully get the whole aesthetic of the "firm handshake" so I just tend to keep it limp...perhaps like I'm a terminally ill patient in the hospital. Truth be told, I really just don't give a shit. If it's a job interview that I desperately need to do well in and the guy interviewing me is a big macho type, then yeah, I'll throw the acting skills out there and lay down a nice handshake that could potentially break fingers.


Shake it firm next time or I'll open a can of whoop ass you little PUNK

I wasn't being sexist in the last paragraph when I said "guy" interviewing me either. I know plenty of women who hold that role as well..but seriously- what kind of dumbass dude is gonna squeeze the shit out of the chicks hand who is interviewing them? Fucking morons...

But anyways, I'll continue this riveting tale.

I was recently made fun of and verbally abused for not giving a nice, firm handshake when I met a group of strangers (all guys) who I was hanging out with through a friend. None of them said shit, but then one just started going off:


"You can tell alot about a guys handshake."

Really? Is this a job site? And what is with the bluetooth headset? Quit pretending to be important and lose the act. Is he ready to beat some heads in Macho Man Randy Savage style? Almost got that BMW or whatever you're aiming for hotshot?

Seriously..I don't get this whole thing about firm handshakes. This isn't a military barracks, this isn't a try out for "who is the toughest asshole in the room"- lose the fucking macho bullshit. I'm limping it all the way to the finish line....and I don't give a shit what anybody says.

3 comments:

  1. Hank Hill told me George Bush has a limp handshake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got a firm handshake that could choke a bitch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. In the business setting something as small as firm hand contact good mean the difference in how your first impression is perceived.

    ReplyDelete

Technologically inclined individuals of the new millenium

A scholarly tech wiz using the internet with tactful skill and a precision that was previously unwitnessed is captured here in this industry file photo. The woman seen here is a jack off all trades/innovator and will soon be opening a computer training school to help teach children the way that a computer is properly used in the 21st century.
Old habits do truly die hard. This up and coming digital mastermind refuses to move on as technology does. Some call her a neophyte with a cause but she refuses to acknowledge even that, simply claiming to be a purist. Here she is uploading some pictures to her website before she sends her grandchildren an email update on her kidney dialysis treatments.