stumbled

Dr.5z5 Open Feed Directory

Sunday, September 19, 2010

work meeting

at work today there was a mandatory staff meeting. I wasn't amused as I was tired and didn't want to sit around pretending that I take the job seriously. The meetings are always pointless and uninteresting. The meeting today however, was mildly entertaining. Our boss spoke in a shaky matter and had sweat on his brow when he told us that
"a sex offender has been hired."
The secretary passed around a sheet of paper to each of us that had the new employees name and picture but no information was given about the crimes committed. Instead we just now know we are working with a sex offender and what they look like. We got up and left the meeting and went to our jobs for the day.



I entered the photography wing of the building and made my way to the dark room and put on my lab coat and goggles. Inside the room was the sex offender who had just been hired developing some photographic prints. So as of today I work with a registered sex offender in a photograph lab dark room. Work went well and I didn't bring up the crimes committed. I watched as the new hiree handled the tongs used to flip the photos in the developing solution and I must admit, it was a limber grip. Perhaps the new hiree is misunderstood and there is no reason that I should be puzzled over the situation. Over lunch I mused that it was not a coincidence that the new sex offender is working in a dark, secretive room. Maybe the skills that this sex offender possesses are best suited to the tasks presented in the photo lab.

On second thought..I guess I am confused. I understand equal opportunity and all that, but why is a sex offender working in a private space devoid of light? What opinions should I have on this matter?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Technologically inclined individuals of the new millenium

A scholarly tech wiz using the internet with tactful skill and a precision that was previously unwitnessed is captured here in this industry file photo. The woman seen here is a jack off all trades/innovator and will soon be opening a computer training school to help teach children the way that a computer is properly used in the 21st century.
Old habits do truly die hard. This up and coming digital mastermind refuses to move on as technology does. Some call her a neophyte with a cause but she refuses to acknowledge even that, simply claiming to be a purist. Here she is uploading some pictures to her website before she sends her grandchildren an email update on her kidney dialysis treatments.